The Illini Union Parent and Family Programs Office is looking for Parent Volunteers to help during the annual Summer Registration and Parent Orientation Program. Summer Registration is a mandatory one-day program for all incoming students, marking the start of their college experience at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
During Summer Registration, incoming students and their families have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the University's academic standards and the expectations of their individual college.
- Meet with an advisor to map out academic strategies and select fall classes.
- Become familiar with the various student support services.
- Receive their student identification card.
- Meet new and current students.
- Attend sessions and meet with staff from campus offices such as financial aid, housing, campus safety, and health services/student insurance.
- Visit a residence hall.
- Receive answers to questions about being a student at Illinois.
Parent Volunteers are needed to assist with the daily Parent Orientation check-in, the Campus Services Fair, the Information Table, bag stuffing, and other random tasks throughout the course of the day. All Parent Volunteers are provided a lunch voucher for every day they work, plus free campus parking. In addition, if you require overnight accommodation in order to work Summer Registration that will also be provided in a university residence hall, free-of-charge.
It is a great opportunity to meet fellow parents and to welcome the new class. Parents like talking to other, more seasoned, parents the most and you can help answer many questions or concerns they have! You can sign up for one or multiple days.
Summer Registration is scheduled for every weekday in June (except June 2), however we are only asking for volunteers from June 1 – 19. The time commitment is from 8:00 a.m. to approximately 3:00 p.m. To sign up, just click here.
For more information about both Summer Registration and the Parent Orientation Program you can e-mail the Illini Union Parent Programs Office at email@example.com, or call 217-333-7063. If you are interested in volunteering from June 22 – 30, please contact our office directly.