staffing and internships
ovp program coordinator
OVP graduate assistant
INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR OVP?
If you are looking to work with OVP, please complete an Illini Union employee application. After you have filled out the form, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to the Program Coordinator. Work positions and hours are based on office need and student availability.
barbara seaquist williams internship
This paid internship is in honor of 1949 Illinois graduate Barbara Seaquist Williams whose dedication to volunteerism inspired countless. This position provides the opportunity for a student to work with the Champaign-Urbana community and its ever-changing needs. The intern will engage in volunteer-related activities and organize office projects related to service, and the intern’s major and interest areas. The intern will network with professionals in the field and help develop a climate of community engagement on and off-campus. The intern will also learn skills in project management, managing team members, and administrative duties.
Interns will be expected to complete a signature project related to service that will require research, analysis and the planning and execution of a final presentation. For further questions, please contact the Program Coordinator.
- Will be either a junior or senior class status beginning Fall 2017
- Previous volunteer or leadership experience
- Ability to work with diverse population of students and organizations
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated program and project management skills
- High academic achievement (a minimum 2.8/4.0 GPA)
- Available to work 12-15 hours per week for both fall and spring semesters plus attend every bi-weekly staff meetings on Mondays at 4 p.m.
- Pay rate: $9.50/hr
Job Description | Apply Online | Online Reference Form