With more than 1100 organizations to choose from, you're sure to find a
registered organization that meets your needs and interests – and if not, you
can start your own! Registered organizations enrich life at the University of
Illinois at Urbana Champaign by providing programs like dances, lectures,
movies, tournaments and races. To encourage students to participate in the
extracurricular life of the U of I, the Office of Registered Organizations was
created and is located in Illini Union Room 284, down the hall from the Student Organization Complex. To learn more about forming your own organization, contact the Office of Registered Organizations at 217.244.2357. A list of all currently registered organizations is available at http://illinois.collegiatelink.net.
The ReSource Monthly Newsletter
RSO April Newsletter
RSO March Newsletter
RSO January Newsletter
RSO December Newsletter
RSO November Newsletter
Office of Registered Organizations
Illini Union Room 284 (2nd floor, Southwest Corner, Quad Side)
Academic Year 2012-2013
Monday – Thursday: 9:00am – 10:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 1:00pm – 6:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm – 10:00pm
The Student Organization Complex opens at 9am on weekdays.
CollegiateLink is a website database utilized by the Office of Registered Organizations to centralize, organize, and increase student involvement opportunities. This platform provides the tools for managing student organizations and empowering student learning across the University of Illinois. Prospective organizations as well as existing organizations must use the CollegiateLink database to register as an organization within the University of Illinois. The president and the treasurer of an organization must successfully complete a workshop online in the form of a quiz and have three additional members listed on the organization’s roster as authorized agents before an organization can become approved. The CollegiateLink database is also where the treasurer of an organization can submit a request to receive SORF funding. The Office of Registered Organizations encourages all students to visit and explore the CollegiateLink website as well as create a profile even within the system, even if they are not a member of a registered organization.
Services for Registered Organizations
Obtain information and assistance registering your organization.
- Receive information about currently registered organizations.
- Meet with the Assistant Director for advice and assistance in planning your program, event or activity.
- Submit Use of University Premises and Facilities forms (commonly referred to as space requests) to request approval for programs, events and activities on University property
- Submit vouchers for approval to use the funds in your Organization Fund account(s).
- Submit applications to use Fraternity Park (also known as Washington Park) for Assistant Director’s recommendation to the Champaign Park District.
- Application for office space within the Student Organization Complex
- Student Organization Resource Fee (SORF) Board in Illini Union room 285H office hours
- Check out equipment such as tents, Quad tables, extension cords, digital cameras, cash boxes, cash bags, chalk, raffle tickets, and other resources