As the social hub of the university, the Illini Union is the perfect venue to plan an event and bring people together. Our Event Services team will assist you in creating lasting memories and successful events that loved ones and colleagues will be talking about for years to come. We enjoy working with our clients and look forward to helping you with your next event.
Host in the heart of campus
The Illini Union has a variety of rooms to hold conferences where students and academics can come together and learn about new developments in their field while forming new relationships with colleagues.
Over the years, distinguished alumni and guests have come to address our campus community. Actors, artists, innovators, politicians and more have inspired crowds here at the Illini Union.
The Illini Union has the space to accommodate both large and small meetings. Students, staff, faculty and guests are all welcome to reserve a room.
Whether returning to that special place where you first met, or simply finding a centralized location to bring two families together, the Illini Union has become popular space for couples to celebrate their vows over the years. The beauty and history of the building serves as an elegant setting for your special day.
why the union?
- The Illini Union's distinct architecture provides a wonderful backdrop to enhance your event.
- The numerous vendors in the Food Court provide many options for where to eat.
- The Quad Shop in the southwest wing of the building is our very own corner store and offers anything you may need, whether it be a snack between classes or picking up a forgotten travel necessity.
- You don't have to be a tech genius to get the electronics set up. The Multimedia Department will gladly accomodate your audio-visual needs from simple projector/laptop set-ups to elaborate productions. Our professionals will assess your needs, set up the equipment and impress your guests.
- With Event Services, you will work with a knowledgeable staff that books over 10,000 events each year.
- When you coordinate your event with Event Services, you're not only consulting with experts in their field, but with a lively, enthusiastic and dedicated group who clearly enjoy their work.