Dads Weekend is a fall Illinois tradition. Illinois Dads and father figures are welcomed to campus with a variety of programming for Illinois families. Major events for Dads Weekend include Illini sporting events-including football, hockey, and volleyball; eating yummy BBQ, listening to Illini talent perform in concert, participating in a campus 5K, eating more delicious food through the Dads Association Brunch, and much more. Mark your calendar today!
Upcoming Date: November 4-6, 2022
2023 | Oct 27-29
2024 | Oct 25-27
2025 | Nov 14-16
Dads Weekend Information
Dads Weekend is on the horizon! While there is not a "general registration" for the weekend, all of the Illini Union events are detailed below, as well as links to additional information. Families may attend the events of their choice and make their weekend the best it can be. Some events require advance ticket purchase, so please read through carefully.
Weekend Schedule of Events
Calendar of Illini Union Events:
Friday, November 4, 2022
- Illini Women's Basketball Game
Celebrate history and support new head coach Shauna Green as she takes the court in her first games as the new head coach of the women's team. The Illini take on Quincy in an exhibition game at the State Farm Center
Time: TBD CST
Location: State Farm Center
Saturday, November 5, 2022
- Illinois vs MSU Football Game
Illinois Football, being led by 2nd year head coach Bret Bielema, will take on the Michigan State Spartans on Saturday. During the game, the Illini Dads Association will be announcing the 2022 "King Dad" winner. It will be a great time, so enjoy the day by bringing your family to be a part of it.
This link will take you directly to the UIUC Division of Intercollegiate Athletics' (DIA) ticket portal where you can pick and choose your ticket, the quantity and the location. There will be two ticket levels and no purchasing limits.
Pre-Game Meal - Starts 2 hours prior to kickoff
Enjoy a lunch served by Hickory River with your family and pick up and buy tickets for all the weekend festivities right before the football game. We will be located inside the Activities Recreational Center or ARC, located north of Memorial Stadium at 201 East Peabody Drive. Feel free to come up to four hours before the start of the game and we'll have room for up to 100 people a time available.
Time: 2 Hours Prior To Kick Off
- The Illini Dad's Association and No Comment A Cappella Present: A Tribute to Dad
7:30pm | Foellinger Auditorium (709 S. Mathews Ave., Urbana IL)
Enjoy an evening listening to University of Illinois "No Comment" Acappella, a student acappella group, who will sing and entertain you and your family through their award winning singing and performing abilities.
Sunday, November 6, 2022
- Illini Dads 5K
9am | Arboretum (2001 S. Lincoln Ave., Urbana IL)
Start your Sunday morning with a beautiful run with your student through the oasis of natural beauty at the University of Illinois Arboretum.
Costs: $30 in advance
- Illini Women's Volleyball Game
1pm | Huff Hall (1206 S 4th St, Champaign, IL)
Enjoy the ranked Illini Women's Volleyball team take on ranked Minnesota at Huff Hall!
Costs: $12 limited tickets
- Illini Dads Sunday Brunch
10am-Noon | Illini Rooms A, B, C
End your Illini Dads Weekend in style by enjoying a buffet style brunch for your family at the south hall of the Illini Union.
Costs: $25 per person
- The Dads Association does not process refunds. All sales are final. If you are looking to sell your ticket you can do so by selling them via the University of Illinois Parents & Family Facebook Group here or via the Dads Association Facebook Ticket Exchange here.
- TICKET PICKUP INFORMATION: All tickets are digital and will be delivered via email.
- Dads Pre-Game BBQ and football game tickets need to be purchased for every guest, including U of I students. Student or other regular season ticket holders may not use their regular season ticket to sit in the special Dads Weekend section.
- All profits and proceeds from ticket sales support Dads Association projects, including scholarships and grants for U of I students. Thanks for your support!
- To insure that your game day experience is an enjoyable one, athletics has created informational guides designed to provide you with Illinois game day information to view the game day guides click here.
- For Saturday’s game day parking information, visit the Parking Department by clicking here. Parking is severely restricted and roads around the ARC are closed on game days. For parking on Friday or Sunday around the Illini Union, parking is free in most university lots (please make sure to read parking signs, as some lots/spaces are enforced 24 hours/7 days a week.) Visit the parking website to see parking maps near the Illini Union.
The Dads Association has allocated a portion of its funds generated through Dads Association activities to help fund and aid worthy projects that promote the safety, guidance, care and well being of our students attending the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. Grants in the amount of $500-$2,000 will be awarded based on need as determined by the Dads Association. If you are a registered student organization (RSO), or a not-for-profit association that has a project or program requiring financial support and you would like the Dads Association to assist in funding you can apply here.
Note: All grant proposals should be submitted by October 18, 2022. Judging will take place in November 2022 Awards will be granted in January 2023 for the 2022-2023 school year. Winners will be requested to report on their results from the project by August 31st, 2023. Questions may be directed to the Parent and Family Programs Office, Illini Union, 217-300-0354, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dads Association at the University of Illinois will award six scholarships in the amount of $2,000 for Spring 2023. To be eligible you must be an undergraduate full-time student enrolled at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, have an application for financial assistance on file with the Office of Financial Aid, and submit a scholarship application. To apply click here.
Applications are due Friday, November 19, 2022. Questions may be directed to the Parent and Family Programs Office, Illini Union, 217-300-0354, or e-mail email@example.com.