Illini Union dining support
Starting May 2018, the Illinois Street Residence Hall (ISR) will be undergoing renovation that will transform the dining and programming space in the 53-year old building on Green Street. Due to the construction, temporary dining will be offered in collaboration with the Illini Union.
If you need to inquire about meeting space availability or alternative spaces at the Illini Union, please visit Event Services.
ISR Housing Dining Options at the Illini Union
- Located on the first floor, Orange on Green will provide lunch and dinner, Monday-Friday for the busy student looking to use their meal plan for made-to-order sandwiches, customized salads, and soups. Additionally, this stay-and-eat or carry-out venue will provide Bi Bim Bap, noodle bowls, and comfort bowls like mashed potatoes with corn and fried chicken.
- Blue 41 will be in Illini Union Ballroom on the second floor serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Monday-Friday along with brunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday. This traditional, all-you-care-to-eat location, will provide a sit-down atmosphere with dining hall menu items like fried chicken, flank steak, pot pies, lasagna, and frittatas.
Closure Schedule for Illini Union
- Room 104 - will close on May 1, 2018 and will be closed until 2020
- Colonial Room and the Colonial Room Lunch Buffet - will close permanently on March 18, 2018
- Ballroom - will close on May 17, 2018. The Ballroom will be open during the summer months in 2019 and 2020 for rentals
- The ISR dining locations at the Illini Union will open for service on August 21, 2018
- Illini Cash will be accepted at the ISR dining locations in the Illini Union. These locations will be cashless.