This paid internship is in honor of 1949 Illinois graduate Barbara Seaquist Williams whose dedication to volunteerism inspired countless. This position provides the opportunity for a student to work with the Champaign-Urbana community and its ever-changing needs. The intern will engage in volunteer-related activities and organize office projects related to service, and the intern’s major and interest areas. The intern will network with professionals in the field and help develop a climate of community engagement on and off-campus. The intern will also learn skills in project management, managing team members, and administrative duties.
Interns will be expected to complete a signature project related to service that will require research, analysis and the planning and execution of a final presentation. For further questions, please contact the Office of Volunteer Programs.
- Will be either a junior or senior class status beginning Fall 2019
- Previous volunteer or leadership experience
- Ability to work with diverse population of students and organizations
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated program and project management skills
- High academic achievement (a minimum 2.8/4.0 GPA)
- Available to work 12-15 hours per week for both fall and spring semesters plus attend every bi-weekly staff meetings on Mondays at 4 p.m.
- Pay rate: $9.25/hr