Reservations can be made in advance to ensure your group has the space you require at the time you want to have your event. To make a reservation begin by filling out a Reservation Request form either online or in person. Please note the following information:
- ALL group reservations require ONE person be responsible for payment.
- Minimum reservation time is 1 hour. Additional time may be reserved in half hour increments.
- Minimum reservation is two lanes or two tables. No exceptions.
- Once a Reservation Request has been approved, you will receive an email with the details of your reservation including deposit amount and any other information or forms required. This will be completed by the end of the next business day in most cases.
- Reservation Requests received after 4pm on Friday may not be responded to until the following Monday.
- Reservations made on Friday or Saturday must be complete by 5:00pm to be eligible for discounted group rates. Reservations MAY be accepted after 5:00pm with manager approval. In addition, these reservations require full payment in advance and it is non-refundable with less than 5 business days' notice.
- Lane availability will be limited on Sunday evenings due to scheduled Leagues. Availability changes each semester.
- Reservations made less than 5 business days in advance will be charged the two lane rate and require full non-refundable payment in advance.
- RSO's must turn in an approved Space Request Form. Reservations may be cancelled if the form is not submitted and/or approved. The Rec Room will communicate with the RSO Office regarding any late submissions.
- Food items purchased from anywhere other than the Illini Union vendors may not be brought into the Rec Room or the Illini Union.
- Lane reservations require a deposit of $20 per lane.
- Food requires a deposit equal to half of the food order total.
- Lockouts require a deposit equal to half the total cost.
- Deposits must be received before the final confirmation of the reservation is made.
- If applicable, the university account number or RSO account number must be received before final confirmation of the reservation is made.
- Deposits will be forfeited for any lane not needed/used within 15 minutes of the original reservation time. Space not being used within 15 minutes may be assigned to other customers.
- Deposits are Non-Refundable if written (or email) notification of change or cancellation is received less than 5 business days in advance.
- * Groups paying with university or RSO accounts are not required to pay a deposit in advance but will be charged a late cancellation fee equal to the amount of a pre-paid deposit.